A reflection of my daughter's first 6 months of life.
It is so hard to believe that she is 6 months old at this very moment I type this, ironically I didn't plan to start this post at 4:10 pm. 6 months ago I heard her first cries, and found out my bundle of joy was a girl. I cried uncontrollably right along with her. From the second I heard her take her first breath of life-aka-screams I was madly in love with her and I hadn't even seen her yet. The bond between mother and child is like nothing else.
She has grown to be such a happy and content little person who is extremely interested in food at the current moment, always wanting bites of our food during dinner. Her nickname is Sassy but she is anything but the definition of the word. She often looks at her brother with a wide grin and always tries to reach out for him. Reya has made our family more complete. I couldn't imagine my life without her.
Reya loves to be on her tummy and she stretches up so big and tall to turn herself in all directions to see what is going on. She rolls over but not all over the place quite yet. She is learning to sit up as well.
She started out in my belly, then graduated to the bassinet beside my bed so I could make sure she was safe and breathing at all times and now is in her crib in her own room and sleeps peacefully on her tummy through the night.
Reya is bald as ever but her hair is slowly starting to emerge. She enjoys her one on one time with Auntie while mommy works. At night, she has missed me so much that she refuses to let anyone hold her except me and putting her on the floor is an absolute no-no. I love that she misses me so much. Even though I get annoyed that I can't get dinner started or finished because Reya is attached to me, I wouldn't change this period of time for anything in the world. She won't want me like this forever and I know this will pass all too quickly.
I love you Reya with every bone in my body. Happy 1/2 birthday, big girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment