Wednesday, October 15, 2008

12 Weeks and Counting

We have made it to the 12 week mark! It is a great feeling to know the first trimester is almost over. I have to admit this trimester has gone so fast even though I have been miserable for a majority of it. I had a friend tell me to enjoy my pregnancy and take time to put my feet up and relax because it flies by. I just now realize that regardless of how miserable I may feel this very special time in my life will be over before I know it. Here is what is going on with Peanut this week.

Our pregnancy: 12 weeks

How your baby's growing: The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder.Meanwhile, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly, and in your baby's brain, synapses are forming furiously. His face looks unquestionably human: His eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his head, and his ears are right where they should be. From crown to rump, your baby-to-be is just over 2 inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce. (babycenter.com)

My first clothing malfunction happened a few days ago. My mom found it quite amusing! I put on a pair of my dress pants that I haven't wore for awhile, they were a little snug but I figured I could manage for the day. Well 9 am rolled around and I could not handle it anymore. To make matters worse the pants were not a regular button pair of pants. There are 3 clasps that clip over to the left side of the pants. I unclasped the top 2 for relief (which was minimal) and kept trying to pull my shirt down and cover my midsection because the the top of my pants was sticking out, it was awful, and with my job, I am running all over the place. On my way home I had my pants completely unclasped and unzipped as soon as I got in the car. Needless to say those pants are now on the top shelf of my closet and will be for awhile. I've gotten a little smarter and pulled out my Bella Band (for those of you who don't know what that is, google it) and I have to say the jury is still out as to whether I like it or not. I pull and tug at it but maybe I need to give it a few days to get used to it. For you out there wondering if I am "showing" I would say no, but I can tell I am a little bigger in the mid section but it does not look like a "baby bump" its more of the stage where people might wonder if I have packed on a few pounds.

Both Ty and I are going to our home towns this weekend and will begin to spread the news of our Peanut with our extended family and friends. We are quite excited to finally be able to share our news. My parents, especially, are overjoyed to finally be able to share our news! My mom asks almost weekly when she can tell people she will be a grandma (well mom, as of Friday share away)!

I have been feeling better as of October 11th, dad's birthday! Maybe peanut knew it was grandpa's birthday and decided it was a good day to stop torturing mom. I have been hungry for the first time since August and the food actually is agreeing with my stomach. It is such a relief to finally be able to enjoy food again, we all know I love to eat! **I wrote this yesterday and of course I felt like death last night, seeing spots, dizzy and on the verge of hugging the porcelain queen. I've come to the conclusion that anytime I write or talk about how I am feeling better Peanut decides to grow something difficult like fingernails or reflexes which throws me out of whack.

No comments: