Monday, October 27, 2008

WOOHOO!

Well we are almost to the second trimester, WOOHOO!! It feels great to be able to start telling people our big news, although I have to admit I have liked having Peanut as our little secret. Most of our extended family knows as well as many of our friends and everyone is being very supportive and everyone is extremely excited for us as well. We decided to wait until after our next appointment on November 5th when we will be 15 weeks to tell our coworkers. So slowly but surely the cat is being let out of the bag.

My parents were in town for the weekend, it was great to see them. My mom and I shopped for maternity clothes among many other things. My parents also bought us a crib and mattress, which we are so grateful for. Ty and I put it together over the weekend while Kona kept sniffing and licking it and looking at us wondering what the heck we were doing. At one point Ty forgot what the crib was called while he was thanking my mom for the purchase and said "Thanks for that baby...uh..thing...what's that thing called?" We all got a good laugh out of it, that's for sure! I know Ty will be a great dad regardless of whether he learns the names of baby accessories. He gets a little more excited every day for Peanut's arrival.

Here is what is happening in week 13. I didn't get a chance to add it last week but better late than never!
How my baby's growing:
Fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingertips, her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin, and her body is starting to catch up with her head — which makes up just a third of her body size now. If you're having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Your baby is almost 3 inches long (the size of a medium shrimp) and weighs nearly an ounce.

I'll leave you with a favorite quote of mine that is somewhat unrelated.
"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden." -Phaedrus

No comments: