Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Prepared not Feeling it. Yet mistaken.

I'm not sure if it is the lack of symptoms or the lack of a belly but I just don't feel pregnant. I almost feel guilty about this. I feel like I should "feel" pregnant by now. Hopefully after our appointment today I will feel better about my feelings. I see peanut's pictures of the fridge, I have been reading the books, going on websites, and thinking about pregnancy often. I guess you could say I am prepared, but prepared is who I am, not how I feel.

Ty might say he feels the pregnancy. He often tells me I am very short tempered and moody and "acting weird." I, of course, totally disagree with this and don't see any changes in my mood or behaviors, but I have read that this is exactly what happens with the hormone changes. So again, I am prepared and seem to know much of the process, the feelings just aren't there.

It was not soon after I wrote the above two paragraphs that a headache and nausea hit me like a ton of bricks. I guess I get what I deserve for complaining about my lack of symptoms!! There is some good news at the end of this nausea filled tunnel though, peanut is growing and seems to be doing well! We had our first OB appointment yesterday and to our surprise our doctor did another ultrasound and we got to see peanut much better this time. Peanut has changed so much in only 6 days it is unbelievable how quickly everything happens. The baby was moving all over the place. We got some great pictures where both arms are up by peanut's head and another one with only one arm up, as if baby is waving to us. We now have 7 peanut pictures on the fridge and we are reminded everyday how blessed we are with our peanut!

As for the Expected Due Date, the doctor decided to keep it at the original April 29 date rather than move it up to the 25. The doctor measured peanut at the appointment and her calculation said the 28 so since the dates are all so close together she decided to leave it. You will notice the ticker is back to the original date so as of today we are 10 weeks. Our next appointment is November 5. We will be about 15 weeks along then.

No comments: