Thursday, May 27, 2010

Doctor Appointment Update

Well my little man is a trooper. He sat so quietly eating his graham crackers and drinking his milk while the nurses took his blood pressure in his arm and his leg. Thankfully the pressures were down in both but still a little high. This time his arm was 118/63 and his leg was 121/65.. maybe. I'm not sure of exact numbers; I was just so overwhelmed with relief that it was down from the 148 mark two days ago. The pediatrician still referred us to a specialist regarding the kidney and high blood pressure in a different city. Camden and I will make that journey next Friday. I am quite concerned with his heart and I will push for an echocardiogram. I asked his pediatrician about this yesterday and he said he was not concerned about it anymore because the pressure in his arm was lower than the leg and if it was opposite the red flag would have risen.

Another positive aspect of the appointment was that all his blood work and urinalysis came back normal. There was one test we are still waiting on-a rather big one regarding the functioning of his kidney but YEAH for a good appointment!!

On another note, today is my last day of work before I become a full time mom....for the summer anyway. I can't wait!


Playing in a box

Funny Face


Cam's favorite past time-sweeping the floor

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Hey guys, I'm soo glad he's doing great! He is getting so big and is just adorable!! Hope all is well with you guys. Have a great summer!! Miss you all....xoxo