Friday, November 7, 2008

We're having a baby!!

We went to the doctor yesterday and we got to hear Peanut's heartbeat! It was the most amazing thing I've ever heard in my entire life. The nurse practitioner told us the heart rate was in the upper 150's lower 160's and very strong! She said everything sounded great, yeah!!! The second she put the doppler on my stomach we heard our baby. Being able to hear our baby's heartbeat made everything so much more real. The ultrasound pictures were great and being able to see Peanut swimming around was great but hearing our live baby was the icing on the cake. Words cannot express the joy and sense of calmness that overcame me when we heard Peanut. I could listen to the music of Peanut's heartbeat all day everyday.

Ty, I, Kona and Peanut are making our way west today through the first blizzard of the season. The weather here is not bad at all, no snow or rain, only wind. The west is a different story, Minot closed school and many businesses today (and Minot never does that) so it must be horrible. The roads between Minot and Devils Lake just reopened at about 11:00 this morning and the road between Minot and Bismarck is still closed. Now that I am "with child" I am more nervous to make our trek west. I would never forgive myself if something happened to our little Peanut. Ahhh, so motherhood begins :) Hopefully Ty will feel the parent in him as well and be more cautious than determined during our adventure.

Don't forget that I cannot see myself. My role is limited to being the one who looks in the mirror. -French Poet Jacques Rigalot

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

J- Thanks so much for sharing your blog! This will be such a treasure for you to look back on and read with your peanut! Congratualtions on hearing your baby's heart beat, what an amazing moment! Love, J, M, A, and our little peanut

Jess said...

Thanks M! I am very excited for you and your peanut as well. It won't be long before you meet your baby!