Thursday, November 6, 2008

1st Time Craver

I am having my first serious craving. SOUR, anything sour, the sourer (I don't think that's a word) the better! I went to the grocery store last night to get bread. I walked out with sour gummy worms, grapefruits, real grapefruit juice (with no added sugar, good for Peanut, more sour, good for me) a packet to make lemon smoothies and ice breakers sour mints-thanks to a co-worker who craved sour with her last pregnancy.

In the past when I heard pregnant women craving specific food I just assumed it was like any other craving I used to get. This is feeling is unlike anything I've ever felt before. Anything and everything sour tastes so amazing! I suppose it helps when nothing in general tastes good or sounds good. I am so happy I have found items to help my current addiction but bummed I have to eat other regular blah foods as well. Why couldn't the craving have been broccoli or apples, something healthy for baby! Go figure!

As you know we were supposed to have gone to the doctor yesterday so I'm sure everyone was waiting impatiently to hear about the great appointment! Unfortunately I got a phone call about an hour and a half prior to the schedule appointment saying we had to reschedule because our doctor was in surgery. So we actually go to the doctor today and we see the nurse practitioner instead of the doctor. A co-worker said this nurse practitioner is great and that we will love her, so this makes me feel a little better but yesterday I was bummed! I better not get a call today wanting to reschedule again or there will be one scary pregnant lady on the loose! I will update you all after the appointment.

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt

No comments: