Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Peanut has Arrived!

CAMDEN TYLER

Camden arrived on April 21st at 3:08 pm. He weighed 9 pounds 1 ounce and 20 inches long! Our long waited arrival came on his own terms on that cool April afternoon. We were scheduled to be induced that morning due to increased dilation in his left kidney. I was bummed about the induction, I wanted to go into labor naturally and feel what labor is like. Well Camden agreed with me as my water broke at 5:15 the morning of the 21st -the induction day; 30 minutes before my alarm went off to get ready to head to the hospital. Camden was ready to meet the world!

I was laying in bed and had stretched my legs as I felt as though I had peed a little. I immediately thought, "oh no." I laid there about 5 minutes thinking I wanted wait to go to the bathroom when my alarm goes off because it was so difficult to get in and out of bed but I got up anyway. I stood in the bathroom and I felt and saw a trickle run down my leg....then another trickle. This is when I figured out it was my water and woke Ty up. He frantically jumped in the shower and we got things ready to head to the hospital. My contractions started about 15 minutes after my water broke; they weren't terribly strong but noticeable. As we were driving to the hospital the contractions were 4 minutes apart and increasing in strength. By the time we arrived at the entrance to the hospital I couldn't walk or talk through them and once I got changed and into the bed the contractions were 2 minutes apart. Throughout my entire pregnancy did I think I would end up with back labor, but of course when you least expect something it is sure to happen! The back labor was excruciating but I will spare all those details.

Here is the progress we made: Our doctor appointment the Thursday before Camden was born I was 2 cm and 85% effaced. Our doctor came in about 7:30 am to check me and I was already 4-5 cm and 90% effaced. I was checked again at 10:00 am and was 8 cm and fully effaced. At 11:30 am I was 10 cm and complete. We started pushing at12:30 and Camden was born at 3:08. He did not scream right when he was born, he made more quiet whimpers that were so great to hear. His Apgar scores were 9 and 9; almost perfect!

Our labor and delivery experience was great. We had a great nurse with us that made the whole experience unbelievable. We couldn't have asked for a better birth story or a more perfect boy!

INTRODUCING CAMDEN TYLER


Camden at 38 weeks, just 6 days before his birthday.

A naked picture of Camden at 38 weeks.

Camden, just minutes after birth getting cleaned up.

Being soothed by daddy's touch.

The brand new Very happy family of 4 (counting Kona of course)


1 comment:

beth said...

What a big, beautiful, perfect baby boy!!!! Congratulations mom and dad (and big sister Kona), we love you Camden!!