There seems to be no end in sight....to winter that is. A huge storm hit our area Monday and lasted until Wednesday around 5 am. Snow totals were around 10 inches only, but with the 40-60 mph winds that lasted all day Tuesday until early Wednesday morning caused snow drifts to be up to 18 feet high in some areas. A snow plow was stuck for many hours trying to plow through these high snow drifts near a co-workers house. The largest snow drift we had was almost 5 feet high right at our front door. The high winds caused shingles to fly off our roof. We are still crossing our fingers that our siding on the north side of our house is not damaged. Needless to say there was no school/work for me yesterday and we started 2 hours late today. Although school/work should have been cancelled today as well-we were the only school district in the area to be open today. It took me 50 minutes to get to work today. One of the interstates is still closed and many roads are still closed as well.
Ty bought a snow blower a few weeks ago and he was more than happy to get out there and blow us out! Only having cars and no 4 wheel drive vehicles makes for a funny sight. Ty worked until about 1:30 yesterday and made it home-thank goodness!! He had to park in the street so he could snow blow the drifts, which were about 4 1/2 feet high, to get his car in the driveway. Not as easy as it sounds; his car was then stuck in the street! So he was out there trying to get his car out for 15 minutes or so while helpless me stood and watched. I believe he snow blowed 3 times yesterday during the storm so it wouldn't be un-blowable once the storm ended; plus I think he liked it!!
It was nice to not have to be out yesterday during the awful storm. We were both hoping I wouldn't go into labor, but it would have made for a very memorable birth story. A woman in town here did go into labor yesterday during the storm. It took many emergency vehicles and plows to get to her house to get her and more than double the time to get to the hospital.
I hope this is the last of the winter storms for the year. Although this snowfall just increases our flooding percentages, which the weather service is predicting for the end of April. So our birth story may be exciting yet! As far as Peanut goes, we are doing well. Peanut is starting to run out of room in my belly, movements are starting to be more rolling than quick punches and jabs. Sleep has become a lost cause, but thankfully I can still function properly during the day. Hopefully I will still be able to function properly with no sleep after Peanut arrives too!
I have to report that Ty was more than willing to go out yesterday during the blizzard to get me a 7-up. I was craving a 7-up and of course we had none. He was ready to get his coat on and head out the door, I had to convince him to stay put and that I would survive without one. So even after all the snow blowing and getting stuck he was still willing to put my needs first and get me a pop. What a great husband!
"The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother." -Theodore M. Hesburgh
No comments:
Post a Comment