For the first time....ever.....I spent Thursday night in my home...alone. Ty took Friday off and took the kids to the lake Thursday night. I was excited to be able to have a night to myself. I planned to (gasp) shower, shave my legs and paint my fingers and toes! It felt great to accomplish everything I wanted in a quiet environment, but as I flipped through the channels on TV I soon became bored. I missed the sounds of the house and the feel of my kids. I missed the weight on my right hip and the consistent requests for snacks. I physically missed them. As I walked down the hall to go to bed, I felt a sense of unease as I gazed at the open bedroom doors of my little ones. I have never gone to bed with those doors open. I also slept like I've never slept before. I didn't move a muscle until my alarm went off the next morning.
Being a mother is such a roller coaster of emotions. You should never expect to feel a certain way, sometimes feelings sneak up on you.
No comments:
Post a Comment